Aldi, the popular low-priced grocery store, is finally opening their first stores in Richmond and Colonial Heights, VA!
Addresses: 1776 North Parham Road in Henrico, VA (Corner of Parham and Starling Drive next to the McDonalds)
465 Charles H. Dimmock Pkwy in Colonial Heights, VA
Hours: M-F 9 am – 9 pm; Sat. 9 am – 8 pm on Saturday; Sun. 9 am – 7 pm.
On Thursday, April 23, 2015-Colonial Heights and Richmond Aldi Stores will hold their grand opening events which includes:
- Ribbon-cutting ceremony at 9am.
- Official Grand Opening followed by Golden Ticket Distribution, On-Site Produce for a Year Sweepstakes and Product Sampling (9am-2pm)
- Receive a FREE Aldi Eco-Bag
The 1st 100 shoppers after the ribbon cutting will receive a golden ticket, each containing a prize, including ALDI gift certificates!
I got the opportunity to check out the new store today! Although I have been shopping at the Aldi store in Stafford, I was very impressed with the layout and design of our Aldi! It is very nice and welcoming! I was even more impressed with their Gluten Free line! They have added some products within the last few months and I was shocked at how inexpensive they were!
Here are some tips that you need to know when shopping at Aldi:
- Bring a Quarter: You’ll need a quarter in order to use a shopping cart. Don’t worry, you get the 25-cents back when you return your cart! This prevents loose carts in the parking lot, stolen carts etc. Helping bring down the prices of your groceries!
- Private Label Brands: More than 90% of the products sold in-store are ALDI-exclusive brands. These items are produced to meet their stringent quality standards, and are sold only in ALDI stores.
- Aldi does not accept manufacturer coupons: ALDI does not accept manufacturer coupons. They do allow ALDI store coupons, but these are not released often.
- Payment: They ONLY accept cash, debit and EBT cards!
- Fast Checkout: ALDI packages have multiple UPC bar codes, to read dependably from every direction. The checker can drag an item across the scanner without taking the time to turn it over!
- Bring your own BAGS. You will need to purchase plastic or paper bags if you need them. Be sure to reuse your current stash of paper/plastic/reusable grocery bags and bring with you to ALDI.
- Bag your own groceries: You will need to bag your own groceries but if you are OCD like me and have a specific way of how you want your groceries bagged, then this is great for you!
- Great selection of Organic and Gluten-Free Products: They offer a great selection of Organic, all-natural and gluten-free products!